Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Homemade Olympic Red Cedar B33-4

Of course I'm painting my bedroom. One section of wall at a time as my cranky hands permit. When the paint is essentially free, how could I not? Last spring in preparation for the local paint recycling event, I discovered three unopened gallons in various colors that were left over from previous painting projects. So yesterday I located a large bucket and opened, dumped, and stirred various amounts of different colors of paint. And miracle of miracles, created a color that I was considering purchasing. I love it when things work out.  

2 comments:

colleen said...

Just be sure you have enough. You could have a heck of a time trying to match THAT color!

Bellona of Avalon said...

It's a biiiig bucket! I mixed just over four gallons total and last time I painted my bedroom it took 2.5 gallons so there will be quite a bit left over. Also getting excellent coverage with two coats.