Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rune Magic


I have a necklace very similar to the photo. I tried to take a picture of it, so you could see my rune necklace. But my photography skills are not at my beck and call tonight, so you get an image I swiped from the depths of the internet. Anyway. Yesterday I bought a rune necklace, the rune depicted is Jera. It spoke to me as I gazed at it, and when I read the meaning of this particular rune I understood why. Jera represents completion. Harvest. Reaping the benefits from effort. Fruition. Closure. With so many tasks at hand, some more urgent than others, and with many things in my life seeming at a standstill despite my work to move them forward, I felt I needed a talisman, a totem. Something to hold in my hand and remind me that my labor, my toil, my efforts, do mean something. Do count for something. Do matter. I started, and finished, my deck repair job today. I'm tired and dirty and my hands ache. But I completed a daunting task. Jera and me, we'll be hanging out together for a while. I like this feeling of accomplishment.

No comments: