Monday, March 29, 2021

A Cloud of Covid



I always get a bit of a chill when I watch a movie from the pre-2001 era and the New York City skyline appears. The twin towers of The World Trade Center are so prominent and recognizable it takes me a moment to process that they have been gone for nearly twenty years. This is from The Prince of Tides, a favorite movie helmed by Barbra Streisand back in 1991. I must be a fan of Southern Gothic since I also watched Crimes of the Heart. Of course I'm a fan, I'm half Southern. Through the vaccine fog I watched a few other movies, most of them a little dark. The teen angst in Some Kind of Wonderful was probably the bright spot of film viewing. And, damn, Eric Stolz was pretty. Still is, in fact. Rounding out my movie binge were Bombshell and I, Tonya. I gave Nomadland a try, same with Judy, but just wasn't in the mood, I guess. I swear I'm missing a couple* but I was in a vaccine fog.

*Rocketman. I forgot Rocketman.


No comments: