Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Boy Scouts, Politics, and Fat

I expect to get all the political messages on my phone. I either delete them, opt out of receiving more, send back a snarky answer if it's from Trumpians, or respond politely. I did not expect to get deluged by weight loss text messages. Melt off the fat in thirty days with this miracle blah, blah, blah! Whatever. Do these people think I'm fat? Or do they think everyone has gained the standard Covid-19? Or have they been peeking at me putting on my jeans? I have also gotten messages from people who want to know if I was traumatized with sexual abuse as a child in the Boy Scouts organization. Well. I wasn't a boy and therefore did not pass the physical to become a Boy Scout. Girls were not allowed to join until 2018, and I was well past girlhood by then. Then I wondered if somehow these two things are related. And this particular scenario occurred to me. I was a boy who was in the Boy Scouts way back when. I have since gone through gender reassignment surgery. And because I was traumatized by sexual abuse as a Boy Scout I have developed an eating disorder and currently weigh in at 385 pounds. Naturally, none of this is true. Maybe I just need to change my phone number.


No comments: