Monday, March 4, 2019

My Two-Toned Kitchen


Remember this bit of inspiration? I am pleased to announce that Phase 1 of the kitchen updating is complete. All I meant to do was install the cabinet hardware that's been hanging around in boxes since last November.


I didn't intend to start with painting at this point, but the drawer pulls required so much disassembly that I decided I didn't want to take them apart a second time. So they were scrubbed, sanded, drilled, and finally, painted, before the drawer pulls were installed. 


Last week everything was put back together leaving me with two-toned kitchen cabinets. Which is cool. My hands are so happy with more cooperative drawers that tolerating this mismatched business is no big deal. When summer rolls around it will be time to prep and paint the doors and cabinet faces. With all the money I'm spending at the dentist, who knows when I'll have the cash for new countertops. And yes, that is Newton in the background. Watching the squirrel circus in the backyard. The two-toned kitchen doesn't bother him at all.  

No comments: