Wednesday, February 13, 2019

In Need of Good News

Monday morning I logged onto Facebook only to discover that a friend had died. I knew he was sick but the last word was treatments for his cancer were going well. Living at a distance now, I was not aware that he had recently been admitted into hospice care. Damn. Tuesday morning I logged onto Facebook only to learn that a couple, both friends, were divorcing. Amicably, they say, and that they hope that all of us will refrain from taking sides and remain supportive. This morning I logged on with a feeling of trepidation. The other shoe had dropped but what about things coming in threes? Instead of angsting over what-ifs, I'm accepting the harsh reality that bad and sad news is an unavoidable part of life. My meditation for today will be for protection and courage for myself as well as those I care about. And to look for the joy. Always look for the joy.

No comments: