Friday, April 11, 2014

I'll Drink to That!


While visiting Altanta, I became enamored of two drinks. The first being Smithwick's Irish Ale. I swilled a few of these at a genuine Irish pub. It's rich and smooth and delish. When I Googled information on this ale, I deigned to click on the link providing caloric information. Sometimes it is best not to know anything that might interfere with enjoyment.


This, children, is the traditional Brazilian concoction known as a Caipirinha. It is not for the faint of heart. And it is almost ridiculously simple to prepare. First a lime is quartered and placed in a glass, then pulverized with a muddler to release its juice and pulp. Sprinkle the lime with a couple of spoons of sugar then fill with ice. Fill with rum, preferably a premium cachaca, a Brazilian rum that is light and sweet. I recommend drinking this slowly. Slooooowwwwwly. Close your eyes and dream of Carnivale.

No comments: