Thursday, January 24, 2013

Bloomin' Plants in January!


My winter experiment with bringing in plants didn't work out so well last year. The geraniums got all spindly and didn't adapt well to going back outside. Partly because I neglected to bring them into the garage during a late spring freeze. Which perhaps may have been a teensy bit deliberate on my part because they were looking crappy. This last fall, I had a brilliant flash of an idea. Bring in plants with low light requirements! So along with a big pot of ornamental ferns, which did beautifully last year, I rescued the three New Guinea impatiens plants from the north side of the house. A blooming plant is a happy plant, that's what I always say. I expect I still possess a brown thumb. But today, it's become just a little beige.

No comments: