Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trite Cliches, Etc.

There is this one thing, well, there's more than one, but at the moment this one is on my mind, that vexes me to the point of aggravation. And this is it. The summing up of a complex issue in one trite, neat little package of a statement. I'm sharing my favorite, so you can be aggravated, too!

*No one plans to fail, they just fail to plan.

However, I do enjoy it when someone, either with intention or not, mixes up a cliche when quoting. Leaving it forever stuck in a loop in my brain. Incorrectly. As well as sometimes creating a visual that is amusing. Or disturbing.

*Barking up a dead horse

*Sick up and fed

*Go fly a lake!, or conversely, Go jump in a kite!

*It's not rocket surgery, or conversely, It's not brain science!

No comments: