Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Need to Weed

I have a fine crop of thistles out in the back yard. I also have some very nasty, invasive field bindweed that is attempting to take over my moongarden. I really must weed! And the deck pots would look ever so much better if I would get out there and snip off the dead blooms from the geraniums. It has been so dry I have not needed to mow the lawn for nearly four weeks. There has been rain in the last few days which has greened up the grass a bit, but hasn't spurred enough growth to fire up the lawnmower. It has been an odd summer thus far, there have been a few hot days but I haven't yet resorted to running the air conditioner. I think it works. I certainly hope it does. I better run out and buy a new coffee maker before the AC decides to be the third appliance failure. But I'm going to weed and dead-head first! Pretty ambitious for a girl who's still in her nightie.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Don't dead-heads do weed?

Anonymous said...

Uuummmmm....you still haven't decided which coffee maker to get?
What kind of weeding are you doing?
Is La guera onto something?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Anybody got any? Willing to share?

Ed, I'm plagued with indecision over the coffeemaker. I haven't found one that takes a basket-type filter that also has an auto shut-off feature. The quest continues.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...there is nothing like a noble quest.