Thursday, April 17, 2014

First Impression

He's sort of rumpled and goofy, but at the same time incredibly sexy. And smart and funny and thoughtful. And honest. But in the kind and direct way rather than the brutal way. His laugh is genuine and hearty. He has good eyes. They don't waver or avoid contact or look past you. When I finally met him face to face last night after a month or so of over-the-internet flirting, he was precisely what I had hoped he'd be. I had waited with wobbly knees and clammy hands, but all my nervous anticipation melted away as soon as he smiled at me and spoke my name. I can't begin to slap a label on what this is or what it might become. But I have been reminded in a very real and profound way how wonderful and deeply satisfying it can be to connect with a kindred soul. This, children, is what life is all about.

No comments: