Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Take My Couch. Please


Just as you should never judge a book by its cover, you should never think you will love a couch based on its upholstery. Upholstery is important. It should be durable, comfortable against your skin, attractive to look upon. But when you finally figure out that the upholstery is the only redeeming quality, it's time to show it the door. I don't have a doghouse, not that there would be room for a sofa in there even if I did have one, but it seems an appropriate place to show it the door to based on how irritated I am with it. Next best place? The garage! The hundred degree plus garage! Also the closest. I bought this couch because I loved the upholstery. In the last four years of living with it, I've discovered that it is not comfortable for sitting or napping, the pillows don't stay put in the corners, and eventually I didn't care in the least when the cats began to claw at the corners. I may steal some fabric from it to repair its companion matching chair, which I'm keeping, but when the college students begin to arrive in town in less than a month, this baby is going out to the curb. Take my couch. Please. 

No comments: