Monday, June 25, 2012

KC, Day One

One week ago today my sisters and I converged upon the unsuspecting residents of Kansas City, MO, in order to celebrate life and sisterhood with food, drink and love. And shopping. They flew in and I drove in my trusty Subaru Outback. They don't warn you ahead of time that the Kansas City International Airport has three terminals. Three! Separate and distinct buildings labeled A, B and C. The various airlines are divided up amongst the three terminals. I panicked just a teensy bit because I pretty much needed to be in two different places at the same time, terminals B and C. I'm good, but not that good. Between texting and landmark identification we managed to locate each other quickly. Much dancing and giggling and hugging joyously ensued. Except for getting the stink eye from a bus driver whose humongous vehicle was blocking the turning lane, things went pretty smoothly and we located our hotel. Okay, finding the hotel was a little tricky and when we got to the Boulevard Brewery, we turned around and took the other Main.


Here is Miss Martine in the hotel shuttle. We became well acquainted with Washington, our frequent driver. Having a free shuttle available is a most wonderful thing. It saves you from getting lost or having to appoint someone as the designated driver. All three of us prefer to be the other DD, designated drinker.

Miss Pamela Jean enjoying our shuttle drive to the Westport neighborhood, where we had a frabjous dinner at McCoy's. I highly recommend this eatery! Finishing up with their signature bread pudding was amazingly delish!


After dinner we explored the neighborhood with cameras in hand. Brick alleyways are so photogenic, as are Pamela's boots. Secretly, we feel sorry for her because she so totally lacks pizzazz.


Martine has pizzazz to spare. I'm not certain at this point if she is leaning on the walls or if she is holding them up.


Abandoned storefronts also make for interesting photo backdrops. I have mastered the timer feature on my camera enabling all three of us to be in the same shot. I can move pretty quickly and manage to sit in a skirt without injuring myself. Worship me.


Later, back at the hotel bar, our favorite bartender Bryan demonstrates proper bottle lifting technique for Pam.


Seriously, I have no idea what I'm doing here. It was late, I was tired, I had enjoyed numerous beverages. It was clearly time to retire for the night.

3 comments:

The Cranky said...

But really, did you guys not have any fun while you were there?

ow, Ow, OW!

My tongue ith caught ib by cheek!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Haha!

Time flies when you're having fun is a totally accurate statement! Can't wait til next time, but I expect I'll have to.

colleen said...

Yep, Pamela is so darned cute it's painful. Glad I actually had the chance to meet her and know how sweet she is ... or I might hate her!

So fun seeing your pix. Looks like a GREAT time for all present!