Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Is There an Echo in Here?


Bill Murray is really a terrific actor. Sometimes. I think he often is trapped in the wrong script with the wrong director with that characteristic smirk on his face while breaking the fourth wall. Or maybe it's difficult for me to take him seriously because he doesn't come in the standard leading man package. I keep waiting for him to pull a face, do a pratfall, or engage in some Three Stooges type behavior. I do like him in Groundhog Day. Which I just viewed with the 18 yo son. On Groundhog Day! I think we did this three years ago, and maybe I wrote precisely the same thing. Maybe it's just going to be Groundhog Day over and over and over again until I get it right. Whew. I don't know about you, but just to be safe, I'm not setting my alarm for six a.m.

2 comments:

LindaCO said...

I liked that movie too. That picture of him creeps me out a little...

Bellona of Avalon said...

Me, too, sort of mannequin like. The wax museum version of Bill Murray.