Sunday, February 20, 2011

Inside/Outside


There it is! The new rug. Isn't it pretty? It certainly makes walking barefoot from my bedroom into the kitchen much more pleasant. Often, it seems, when I stop actively looking for something, it just plops into my lap and says, hello, please take me home with you. If there is a greater lesson to be learned here, it reaches way beyond warm feet, just the right size, and making me happy every time I walk into the room. I do know that just outside the patio door to the left it is cold, windy and snowing and the flowers in this rug will have to do for brightening up the afternoon. That is, until it's time for flowers on the deck on the other side of that patio door. Real flowers. In dirt. That smell nice. Spring can't show up any too soon.

No comments: