Monday, August 24, 2009

Now That I'm fiftysomething...

...the first season of thirtysomething will be released on DVD tomorrow! I find it mildly embarrassing how excited I am about this milestone. While critics of the drama panned it for its whiny portrayal of yuppie angst, I very much identified with the characters. I was a newlywed when the series began, became a mother and left the working world during its run, and went through withdrawal when it ended. It will be interesting to watch from a very different vantage point now that I've gone through a divorce and find myself single and dating, and am on the verge of being an empty-nester. I'd like to see a reunion movie of these characters to see how they are faring in contrast to my life. In the meantime, I'll be joining the midnight line at Best Buy.

No comments: