Saturday, April 25, 2009

Feline Filchery

I would like to ride my new bike home today, but there is crunchy rainfall on the ground this morning. I suspect that my cats have figured out how to get into the wine. Otherwise, there is no reasonable explanation as to why that bottle was emptied so quickly last night. Just think of the mischief they would be capable of if they had opposable thumbs. My goal, one of them, for today is to get the dining room furniture back where it belongs. The table and chairs have been in the garage for over two weeks. I really need to get them back in the house before I accidentally park on top of them. And in support of one of my physics theories, that an empty, flat space has a tendency to attract piles of stuff that mysteriously appear there from out of freaking nowhere, it is going to be a monumental task to clear off the table before I can move it back into the house. It's interesting to have a child living locally, but not with you, who has a key to the house. Yesterday I found a note on the counter from the 20yo saying that he popped home to grab some clothing and ate lunch while he was here. He hopes I can forgive him for stealing a Coke and some ketchup. I was ready to blame the missing ketchup on the cats. Which makes me think I ought to do a quick cookie inventory...

4 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

Those darn cats! lol

Ed said...

Yeah, you really need to keep an eye on those cats, not that it does a lot of good. They know all and can be patient when they need to. Your law of physics is why I quit making flat spots. I don't know where that stuff comes from either. But it does.

mvanbem said...

Hey, I did _not_ eat any of your cookies!

Anonymous said...

I always motivated by you, your views and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Thomas