Friday, February 6, 2009

My Car is a Cop Magnet!



I knew I still had a wild streak! I just wasn't entirely sure why, but I could feel it. And as proof, I have received three tickets in the time I've owned my Outback. In the thirty-plus years of driving various vehicles prior to becoming an Outback owner, I received two tickets. The three recent tickets, issued in a time span of less than 18 months, were a five dollar parking violation for exceeding the 2 hour limit in downtown Rapid City, a speed warning on I29 just past the 10mph slow down north of Sioux Falls and a parking warning on my birthday last summer in downtown Sioux Falls. Despite the fact that the car was sitting completely still and I wasn't even in it at the time for two of the tickets and that the moving violation was a mere warning makes me feel no less tempestuous and imprudent. I've got my mojo back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

During the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally I had the opportunity to drive an Aprilia motorcycle. Hand made in Italy. Top speed in the configuration it was in that day, 192 miles per hour. I drove it around 150 mph on I-90 at about five o-clock in the afternoon. No ticket. Must not be much of a cop magnet. I'm glad. Drive fast and don't use your turn signals.

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell a lie. I went faster than 150. The only thing I was worried about was the Highway Patrol and their pesky radios. I'm one lucky dude. If I had been caught they would most likely have committed me to a "bad" place for observation. God it was fun!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Ed, you're a wild man. When was this crazy speed experiment?