Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Careful What You Wish For...

...we are often told, your wish may come true! On Saturday night at Latitude 44, when the magician had finished his little show, he asked if we had any requests. I'm sure he was referring to card tricks or other standard magical fare, but it was Valentine's Day! I had something else in mind. I figured if he could pull a coin out of Nancy's ear, he might just be capable of conjuring up some real magic. So I asked for a man. A single, available, spirited man with a warm heart and a kind and generous soul. He suggested eHarmony. I laughed. Returning to the bar, which was completely deserted except for one lone fellow, I opted to sit right next to him. In this space he shall be referred to as Mr. Shaken, not Stirred. Oh, and yes, he is gorgeous. Didn't even think of asking for that! I need to find that magician and thank him.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that guy might be the one that told Shawn I'm a good kisser!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Ed, you mean we have similar taste in men?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Oh, and how would you rank him as a kisser?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know how to rank him. We do not have the same tastes in men. I thought that I might get a pretty good laugh out of you. Then, after I posted, I started hoping that you wouldn't experience coffee coming out your ears. I was a little bit concerned.

Anonymous said...

Anyway, It appears that you are ok.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Fortunately, I wasn't drinking anything when I read your comment. I laughed so heartily that the laugh was preceded by a bit of a snort. I would give him a preliminary ranking of 8.5 on a scale of one to ten. I have a feeling that with familiarity and time combined with natural ability, his ranking will move on up into the eleven to twelve range...

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD, the planets are aligning! He IS gorgeous. Hell, who needs eHarmony! c.

Bellona of Avalon said...

When you've got magic on your side, what else do you need?

Bellona of Avalon said...

You'll notice, Ed, that Mr. SnS is indeed, wearing a SHIRT WITH BUTTONS!!!

Anonymous said...

Must be one of those uppity "metrosexuals" that Shawn was always talking about.