Saturday, September 21, 2024

Brew of the Moor


A very long time ago I faced the fact that I have a tendency to overaccessorize. It could be said that I get into the shower wearing more pieces of jewelry than most people do when going out for the evening. This is mostly due to laziness. I have five piercings in my ears and the upper three of them sport earrings pretty much all of the time. I swap out the two bottom holes for bling that goes with what I'm wearing. Then there are the seven silver meditation bracelets on my left wrist that I have removed only for things like medical procedures where they make me! At this point I'm up to ten pieces of jewelry worn 24/7. I have more of an affinity with the number eleven, so today I added my Trollbead called Brew of the Moor on a chain as a necklace. I simply could not resist adding it for daily wear. The following was the script on the tag when I bought it.


Awake in silent darkness,

questioning reality,

among young girls dancing carelessly

in the brewing mists of the moor.

Hope usurps reason

when your heart is bewitched.


This is more or less how I have been feeling lately. Mildly distracted, not feeling anchored in space or time. Wondering when I might feel movement in the stars.

 

No comments: