Sunday, February 11, 2024

Super Bowl Sunday


I'm not into football. No favorite team, no depth of knowledge on players, nothin'. But today's game, Super Bowl LVIII, was played at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. And that little bit of knowledge caused me to scroll back in my photos to November 2019. I happened to be in LV to see Santana at House of Blues, which was a most excellent concert. The next morning I snapped a few pics to capture the view outside the hotel room window. And what is that roundish thing just across the freeway? Yes! It's Allegiant Stadium under construction! It was open for business a mere eight months later. So there you have it. A rare instance of me knowing something about a football game. Pardon me while I ring up a friend in Hell to ask what the weather is like.


PS: The Kansas City Chiefs won. Overtime. Final score 25-22. There is no joy for the 49ers tonight.


No comments: