Friday, November 22, 2019

Friendship

I have a new friend on Facebook. The friend request first appeared back in March. Since I did not know this person and we had no mutual friends, I sent her a private message stating this and asked why she had sent me the friend request. She has not answered in the ensuing months but yesterday I accepted the friend request, mostly out of curiosity. Now that her posts appear in my feed, I'm getting to know her a little better. Consider this gem.


Hmmm. It's clear that at least on this particular issue that we disagree. So I posted a comment.

Donald Trump is a liar, a mysogynist, a serial sex offender, and a cheap conman. He has used his position as President for his own personal gain and has damaged our democracy and our position as a world leader. Rather than "draining the swamp" as he promised, he has filled it with cronies and sycophants, often in exchange for personal favors. Anyone who continues to support him is either a fool or has gained monetary benefit from the policies he has pushed through. He deserves impeachment and removal from office and eventually must be punished for his crimes.

I expect this will inspire numerous verbal assaults, but I stand by it. And I do wonder how long this person and I will remain "friends". I certainly have been unfriended for less.

No comments: