Sunday, January 22, 2017

Open Letter

Dear Kellyanne Conway,

Since you are dismissive of the 2.5 million people worldwide who participated in the Women's Marches yesterday, let me share a secret with you. I was on a bus with women who are Republicans who did not vote for you and do not support the agenda of the current administration. I met women and men who did vote for the current President and now regret it because they do not support his agenda.

I was one of over 100,000 who marched in Denver. So please share this little fact with your boss in the White House. We all have the phone numbers of our Senators and Congressmen programmed into our phones. We will call those numbers, send emails, and sign petitions to fight anything he puts forward that marginalizes or harms any American Citizen, our environment, or our standing in the world.

We are determined to be active on the local, state, and national level to challenge your politics of exclusion that we do not support. I have experienced the collective energy of the masses who will work to make progressive policies powered by love, inclusion, and fairness into law.

I proudly bear the title of Nasty Woman. I am not alone. We will keep pushing back.

Sincerely,

Carla VanBemmel




No comments: