Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Not an Optician

I was just sitting there minding my own business. Watching a movie. And I heard and felt an odd creaking/popping noise. I thought nothing of it and blamed the cat. Later, when removing my glasses in preparation for bedtime ablutions, I noticed a sizable crack in the frame surrounding the left lens.


 I contacted the nice people at Zenni Optical and ordered a new frame. Then watched their helpful online instructional video on removing and replacing lenses. Piece of cake! With my cranky hands, I must say it's not nearly as easy as it looks. To be fair, I do have a strong prescription which results in thicker lens edges. The status of my glasses is currently, one lens replaced, one to go. Some days there just aren't enough spoons. Good thing I have backup glasses.

No comments: