Saturday, August 31, 2013

Power Camping

Sometimes, when you don't have a full weekend available, it becomes necessary to pack an entire weekend's worth of fun activities into approximately thirty hours. I am pleased to report that despite my advanced age I am still able to do this. Though it's going to require a day or so to recover. One overnight camping adventure included lunch out, a stint of power shopping, sangria happy hour, delish pizza enjoyed on a lakeside patio, the requisite beer around a blazing campfire until midnight, up at seven this morning for a 25 mile bike ride followed by pancakes, eggs and sausage for breakfast. All I have to say is, whew!, I'm home. Oh, and those pancakes were topped with strawberries. And I bought another little black dress. I'm pretty sure sleep is in order. 

No comments: