Monday, May 13, 2013

37-30

Today I listened to the Minnesota State Senate debate the bill that will allow gay marriage in the state. The Minnesota House had passed it last week and most Senators went in knowing how they would vote. Seemed more like a formality than anything since Governor Mark Dayton had already reserved the Capitol steps for tomorrow's signing ceremony. I am happy to say that Minnesota is now the 12th state where same sex marriage is recognized. I recognized something as well. I wouldn't be very good at being gracious and diplomatic with people who say incredibly stupid things. Particularly when they are rationalizing a personal belief that marginalizes, stigmatizes and penalizes other citizens for who they happen to love. So until a paid position for Governmental Xanthippe opens up I'll just stay right here.

No comments: