Wednesday, December 1, 2010

T or C, NM

I can't believe that Martine and Nick are watching Star Trek without me. I have just eaten breakfast for supper. My car is very full. Among other things, I have a birdcage, a lamp, a large mirror, and a pink foot locker in the car. I was so happy when the nice officer at the border checkpoint just north of Las Cruces waved me through after inquiring if I was an American citizen. I replied an emphatic yes. He either thought that I was a harmless white lady or that attempting to locate any alleged contraband in my ludicrously stuffed to the gills car just wouldn't be worth the effort. I am 600 or so miles from tomorrow's destination. I think I need to sleep. This will be my first night in bed well before midnight in about two weeks. I have a big TV, a comfy bed, and a lovely room. It doesn't seem complete without a cat to cuddle with. Guess I'll have to settle for my cushy hot pink robe. Though I've never seen a pink cat and my robe doesn't purr. I will now flip channels until Star Trek shows up or I fall asleep with the remote in my hand, whichever comes first.

No comments: