Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Believe in Santa!


At some point yesterday, between 8:30 in the morning and after five in the afternoon, Santa left a little something in my locker at work. I am completely baffled as to who it might be from. I have queried the usual suspects, and nobody is owning up to this lovely little gift. The funny thing about it is that this isn't a random sort of cute thing. The plaque is so me, so how I live, so how I think and feel. And the Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Squares, they just happen to be my favorite seasonal treat. My mystery Santa Claus either knows me very well or reads me very well and has made a couple of right-on choices. I am delighted and perplexed. So thank you, you know who you are. I haven't a single clue to go on, not even a handwriting sample. As you can see, the attached card is blank. I love presents. And surprises. But anonymous gifts make me crazier than I already am!

3 comments:

Ed said...

I like that card. Peppermint Bark Squares! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH. You are one lucky woman.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Yes, I am. If you were here, I'd share them with you.

The blank card is aggravating!

Even if I let my imagination run wild, there are three types of people with whom I work:

1) Women

2) Married men in my age bracket

3) Single men who are much too young for me

None of whom fall into the realm of "possibilities" as far as relationship material is concerned. How about if I just pretend that you gave it to me, Ed?

Ed said...

Go ahead, pretend. I actually do things like your unknown, mysterious gifter has done. I like to throw in precious gemstones just for kicks.