Sunday, May 3, 2009

First Sunday in May

The dining set is back in the dining room. Colleen and I went out for lunch yesterday. She dropped me off at the bike shop and I rode my new pink bike home! That nearly did me in! So I only went for a four mile ride this morning. Uff-da. Unlike other years just after the first rides of the season, my butt is not sore! I have a bike with a comfy seat! This is a miracle, or at least, a near miracle. No matter how much personal padding one has on one's ass, it is not appropriately distibuted to cushion properly on the average bike seat. And I can personally attest to that. Why do I live between neighbors who are the first on the block to get out and tend to their lawns? It makes my puny efforts in the yard look that much punier by comparison. I do need to do a serious raking job. And one of the flamingoes in the front yard has toppled over. And I think I need to sell the yard swing and put a hammock back between those two trees. La Guera was right. The swing is all cute and everything sitting out there, but it just isn't the same as a hammock. And it seems just wrong to waste perfectly spaced hammock trees. As for the rest of today, there is homework to monitor, laundry to do, a newspaper to read and garlic lime chicken to prepare for dinner. Sunday is the reason I can tolerate Monday. Must be why they're in that order.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Can't wait to read all about it!

I'm busy watching the Gilmore Girls series. It's quite cute.

Ed said...

Busy!

colleen said...

I think I have a buyer for that yard swing. Turns out my hubby had planned to get me one for my birthday. Told him where he could get one that I already know I like! Best of all, you could come and visit it however often you wish.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Oooh, cool. I'll give you a real bargain price on it!