Thursday, August 30, 2012

Welcome to the Hotel SaraFina


This is the view from the dining room table. Sweet. Sitting out on the deck with your coffee is pretty all right as well. I have no clue what direction we are facing. All the views are great, so really, who cares?



Deer wander by down there. Really. By the big tree. I just didn't zoom and snap in time.



Seriously, I felt like I was on a retreat weekend at some fancy lodge out in the woods. I had three rooms all to myself! Three rooms! A room to sleep in, a dressing room, and a bathroom! The Guinea pigs occupied the room across the hall. Very good neighbors, very quiet. Four of them had to share a room. I felt special.



It may feel like out in the middle of nowhere but we're only fifteen minutes from downtown LaCrosse. Which has the Bodega Brew Pub. Lovely casual atmosphere, tasty drinks and fun and friendly fellows to flirt with. Except for the clueless guy who doesn't know the correct protocol for buying drinks for fabulous women. Oh, and food. The Bodega has food. The bruschetta  topped with blue cheese, bacon and carmelized onion was to die for.



And just because she's so adorable, I'm sneaking in another pic of Carla.

2 comments:

LindaCO said...

Looks like a lovely place to stay!

Bellona of Avalon said...

I am blessed with wonderful, generous friends. :)