Friday, March 2, 2012

Not Trash!

Recycling is very green. Sometimes it works along with growing green things. I reduced the clutter in my garden shed last spring by hauling all of this stuff back to my local Lowe's store. Much better than tossing it in the trash.

Just a fraction of the 450 pounds of electronic recyclables from the room at the end of the house. Our local landfill charges $20 per ton for dropping off this sort of thing. Which is a bargain, if you ask me. The plastics and metals reclaimed are highly marketable! If this type of recycling is available to you, support the businesses that keep electronic waste from ending up in the landfill. It's the green thing to do.

2 comments:

The Cranky said...

Great tip; I'm stealing it!

Martine said...

I want original material EVERY day!