Monday, January 9, 2012

TwoFers

I do love The Writer's Almanac. It shows up on a daily basis in my email inbox. Inspiring, entertaining, educational. You can even click on a button to hear it out loud in the voice of Garrison Keillor. He relates a story or two on the significance of the day in history and literature. Like whose birthday it is or what may have been published or celebrated or occurred on this very day. Then he reads a poem. Sometimes a poem written by one of the day's birthday honorees. For some reason, The Writer's Almanac has been showing up not once but twice the last three days. This makes me feel special even though I'm sure it's happening to more than just moi. Even though I really only require one of them. Twofers! Welcome to the happy hour, or day, of writing!

No comments: