Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rationalize? Me?



At last, another practical purpose for shoes! Have I failed to impress upon you my abiding fondness for footwear? Boots in particular, I'm afraid. And if they're beautiful, why coop them up in the closet? Why not have them out in the light so they can be appreciated even when they're not being worn! I can't claim inventing this brilliant flash of decorating. While in Atlanta visiting my sister Pam, I found her use of my brother's shoes and boots as decorative items charming. And just as I was typing this, I remembered when we were invited into Roz's apartment on the NBC sitcom Frasier. Unless I'm experiencing a hallucinatory memory, Roz had several pairs of boots displayed in a large shelf unit recessed into the wall above her bed. Naturally, this induced a festival of lechery* to dance about inside my head. I can't speak as to what the proximity of a multitude of boots to the bedside might conjure up in your brain, I only know what it does to mine! Granted, Roz's boot collection was of the western, or cowboy, variety, not the black leather stiletto style, but one woman's fantasy is another woman's chore. If you know what I mean. Which is why my boots are in the bookcase in my office. Where they might inspire my writing. Don't get me started on the penguins.

* I must credit fellow blogger Lisa for this particular term. I loved festival of lechery so much I really think it ought to be a national holiday.

No comments: