Monday, May 31, 2010

Concordia, Missouri

The top selling point for us as a family when looking for a hotel room used to be a swimming pool. Sigh. But now it's free wireless internet!! It would seem that the 18yo cannot function without a daily dose of Garry's Mod. But it would seem that I am equally addicted. The Day's Inn here in lovely Concordia, MO has among the lousiest continental breakfast offerings I have ever experienced. And the pool doesn't open til ten. We need to get on the road, so there shall be no pooling today. On the bright side of needing to get on the road, gas is $2.37 a gallon here, and our tank is empty.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Having spent five years in Europe, I have discovered that a Continental Breakfast in America is not. Much to my chagrin. Culture. What can you do?

Bellona of Avalon said...

My friend Colleen was just in Europe and remarked how much she enjoyed the breakfast over there. Cheeses, breads, fresh fruit, lots of wonderful coffee. Now, that's what I call continental!