Monday, December 14, 2009

It's a Tree-vesty!


This is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a tree. There is not one little bit of tree-ness about it, except for the fact that it is brown on the outside, just as many tree trunks are. It is, however, oval. Ovoid. Eggish. Have the Hershey people gone round the bend and think it's Easter rather than Christmas!?!? Equinox instead of the Solstice? This is not a tree! It is delicious. Particularly the white chocolate variety. Which I suppose then includes the aspen and birch hue in the bark color spectrum. At the very least, they could have impressed upon the chocolate some semblance of a tree-like indentation. Or hung tiny lights and tinsel ropes upon it. Or outfitted the thing with a Santa hat to firmly associate the confection with the season at hand. Once again, with feeling, this is not a tree! So as a public service, I will eat every last one. I really ought to save one so as to compare it with the actual egg version that will appear this spring. If I possess the self control. On the other hand, I did take a picture. Mr. Hershey will thank me for consuming the evidence.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I can eat a bag (any bag) of Reeses
faster than anyone else on this planet. God help me!

Bellona of Avalon said...

It's still not a tree.

Ed said...

No, but it's REESES.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Yum!

I'm really liking the white chocolate! If you haven't tried it, you definitely should.

And now I'm seeing the faintest suggestion of a trunk at the bottom of the "tree".