Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Note to SJ

SJ is Sarah Jane. And while I feel a certain kinship with her, I have never met her face to face. I think we have narrowly missed meeting one another a time or two but that can't be substantiated. We have a few things in common. We know and adore the music and the members of the band AbbySomeOne. We are mothers. We love the Black Hills of South Dakota. Sarah is fortunate enough to make her home there, I yearn for the Hills from four hundred miles east and visit whenever possible. I'm sure we are acquainted with many of the same people. She is sensing something in the air, some kind of movement in an unexpected direction. I've been feeling something similar of late. I often feel as though my senses, especially the sixth and seventh ones, are heightened at this darkest time of year. That somehow the lessening of the sun's light brings my other sensory observations into sharper focus. I'm with SJ, there is something in the air, maybe a breakthrough of sorts. Maybe good news for someone we care about. Maybe a return to a happier place from the past, recaptured for the present. I don't know when, but I do know I will meet Sarah Jane. We'll get to know each other over coffee or a beer and marvel over the degrees of connections that conspired to draw us together. I already know that I like her and I wonder what she will teach me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already know that I like you as well. I know that you are in tune with who you are and that attracts me. I like the way that you write and it feeds me. I think that it is safe to say that I look up to you.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks, Sarah, I'll try to be worthy.