Sunday, January 14, 2018

Irony

For the last three days I've been thinking I really ought to trim my fingernails. To preserve them from breakage while doing carpentry sort of tasks. Like tearing out a weird 2x4 frame to pretty up the area around the furnace room. And assembling a couple of cute cabinets for bathroom storage to go in that space. And figuring out how to put the louvered bi-fold doors up to hide the furnace and water heater, but allowing access to storage space and changing the furnace filter. But all I did was think about it. At the end of working each day, it seemed more necessary to find a beer or a glass of wine and some food, followed by relocating to my big, comfy chair and some Mad Men


As you can see, the thumbnails survived quite nicely.


As did the other four nails on my left hand.


My right hand, however, is a different story. The nails survived the heavy work only for me to break off the ring finger nail while making my bed this morning. This nail survived handling power tools and lumber! And snapped under the stress of picking up a pillow! It's time to make the other nine match, I suppose. Might even improve my typing skills. One can hope.

No comments: