Saturday, June 24, 2017

Grass Alternative Wanted

I need a miracle ground cover plant for my backyard. A plant that is drought resistant that can do well in soil that has a high clay content. Preferably a plant that is barefoot friendly. Does such a plant exist? Now that we are getting down to filling in the holes and making the yard livable again, I'm considering what to use to cover up the brown, dusty ground that will keep it from turning into a mudhole when a bit of rainfall arrives. I'm doing a great deal of the front yard with mulch as a ground cover but would like to do something a little different in the back. Suggestions are welcome. But the first person who suggests landscape rock gets a punch in the nose. And I think kudzu is considered a noxious weed in these parts. If it isn't, it should be.

No comments: