Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Home Again

I have been to Omaha. And returned. Had a lovely visit with Karen and Tigh. Did some touristy stuff but mostly sat around and caught each other up on our lives and enjoyed each others' company. I am pleased to report that Karen's health is back on track and improving every day. She's hoping to be given the green light to go home tomorrow! I think you heal faster in a familiar place, there's something about the comfort of home and family that boosts you up and speeds your recovery. I am now contemplating finishing my red velvet cheesecake from yesterday's visit to The Cheesecake Factory for breakfast. Hmmm. Anything even slightly more nutritious than Froot Loops is fair game for breakfast, that's what I always say. After all, Froot Loops were invented specifically for the first meal of the day. I have fully rationalized this. 

No comments: