Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Upgrades


There used to be a rather unsightly string of power lines all along my street. Complete with lights at the top of the towering wooden poles which have been replaced by a more attractive version closer to the curb. Recently the overhead lines were decommissioned and removed. I was not concerned because, magically, the electricity is still getting to the house. And the new lights are a nice touch. I just know they timed this improvement with my moving away.



I think it would be cool if the remaining poles would be left in place and carved by local artists. Neighborhood beautification! And yes, that is the remaining pile of stuff that the curbside shoppers didn't want. It will be disposed of sometime this week. Who knows how long the remainder of the power lines shall remain.

No comments: