Sunday, March 20, 2016

Goodnight

The laundry is done. The bookcases are out in the garage waiting for Emma to collect them. The appraisal and inspection have been scheduled for Tuesday, conveniently back to back. Just like last Sunday, one stinking error in the crossword that had I been thinking clearly would probably have gotten right. Yesterday I was Google-hanging-out with the elder son and DiL and later, with Tigh Down Under. It has snowed and the snow has melted. There has been cooking and cleaning up and more cooking with eating at appropriate times between the cooking and cleaning up. I have watched Becoming Jane and seen Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen suffer for her future art. I have listened to approximately twelve hours of public radio programming. I did not attempt to balance an egg on its end at the precise moment of the Vernal Equinox. I have switched over from my winter fragrance, Sensual Amber, to my spring and summer scent, White Tea & Ginger. I most definitely will check Newton's food dish before I go to bed in order to avoid a repeat of last night. Which was Newt stomping across me at 4:30 am in order to lodge a clear complaint over the fact that he was out of food*. And how could I possibly continue to sleep under such dire circumstances?!? I booted him out and closed the door. Where he fussed and meowed intermittently until I got up at 7:45. And fed him. Paint has been touched up and three more boxes have been packed. The garbage has been taken out and rolled to the curb. I feel so efficient and productive. 

*Just to clarify, his food dish wasn't empty. I mix his food half and half, the regular Purina that he likes and the Purina urinary tract health food that he's not so fond of. The little stinker can pick out what he prefers leaving that which he doesn't. Meaning that as far as he's concerned, the dish is empty. Sometimes I forget that my primary duty is to serve him. Meh.

No comments: