Tuesday, July 14, 2015

My Einstein


So sad to report that Steinie has passed. At just before three this morning he quietly and peacefully breathed his last after being cradled in my arms since midnight. I knew his time was near when he allowed me to complete the Sunday crossword without sprawling across the newspaper to demand attention from me. My tape-licking, tuna-loving, glasses-destroying tux who adored flowers and pined for my hoya plant whose favorite toy was a bottle cap is gone. I loved him so much. If the saying is true that dogs have masters, cats have staff, I am honored to have served him for nearly nine years. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steinie, your fabulous family member will be missed for sure. I'm very sorry for your loss. Be well.
Jill

Thomas J. Kallenbach, P.E. said...

So sorry to hear...
I'm sure you made his time here the best it could have been and I bet he felt totally loved and adored every day of his life.
Tom

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks.

When he made a mess or shredded the carpet I was in the habit of calling him a miserable little bastard. He'd just forehead-bump me and purr and look expectant as if it was treat time. He totally saw through any of my attempted disciplinary actions. I loved him a lot and I believe he knew it. You can't keep a secret from a cat.