Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Poem's The Thing

If you hoped we'd get through April without me realizing it's poetry month, you're going to be disappointed. Just thought I'd wait til almost the last day to spring some poetry on you. If I were a better person I wouldn't derive such glee from this sort of behavior. For those of you who are not poetry-phobes and have stuck around, read on. First up, the only sonnet I have written. So far. I was inspired by that scene in Young Frankenstein where Victor and the Monster exchange bits of their brains.


Can I Be You?

Can I be you, my sweet? Then we could see
With you, as me, our love in the extreme.
To experience me, as you, would be
This; the ultimate narcissistic dream.
The pleasure of our bodies when as one
We join together, heaven within reach
As we climb, rapture building til we're done.
Secrets unfold, you'll learn, I'll learn, we'll teach.
Awakening in me sensual bliss,
Our blending souls alchemy defining.
To feel as the other each lasting kiss
Would be revealing. Naked. Divining.
I long, my love, to know you, how you feel.
The we of us combined, this way, surreal.


And because I've been troubled by the whole pheromones thing of late, this little gem:

Pheromones

You affect me pheromonally,
Visually, sensually and tonally.
My rapture is barely contained,
The reaction is purely right-brained.
Resistance is futile, you'll learn,
It's more fun to indulge than to yearn.






No comments: