Monday, April 13, 2015

Fifty Shades of Beige

I have three gallons of paint in a lovely shade of beige. I may need more. After a meeting last week with realtor Katie, who shall ever after be known in this space as ReloKatie, I learned that people are comfortable with beige. So it seems I must cover up the Pink Sangria, the King Triton blue, the Red Cedar. The Apple-A-Day has been deemed friendly enough to remain, but the others must be beige-ified. Reid and I had the following conversation:

Me: It looks like Project China will begin soon.

Son: (casting me a sidelong glance) What?

Me: I'll be beige-ing up the place. 

Son: (with furrowed brow)  What?

Me: (indicating buckets of beige paint and grinning) I'm painting things beige! Beige-ing! Beijing! The capital of China!

Son: Groan.

Me: Snortle!

No comments: