Saturday, October 4, 2014

79 Leonard Street

Quite often my motivation for selecting a movie on Netflix is an actor I whose work I enjoy. So how could I possibly miss when all three leads are favorites? Two Girls and a Guy (1997) stars Robert Downey, Jr., Heather Graham and Natasha Gregson Wagner as the points on the most atypical love triangle one could imagine. I found it to be an interesting and intense character study but I must admit that I kept watching for the fourth player in the action. The NYC apartment that Blake Allen (Downey) calls home is nothing short of fabulous! I want to live there! I did find myself wondering how the womanizing, sporadically employed actor managed to pay for these fancy digs. But no matter. Watch the movie just for the setting. I totally redecorated it in my head to suit my taste while the characters were working out their shit. You may find yourself doing the same. 


This view doesn't do the place justice. Such expansive space! From this angle you can't spy a single curvy corner of the grand piano off to the left. Oh, and the other primary reason I enjoyed this movie. Ms. Graham's character is named Carla. Carla with a C. I almost feel as though I've cased the joint. All I can say is, if there is a rooftop garden, I'm ready to negotiate a lease.

No comments: