Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mr. Jonas, I'm Done

When you told me you had never unfriended anyone on Facebook my observation was that you were a generous person. Someone who didn't let go of ties easily. A positive thing. What I didn't fathom until just now is why it works that way. You are highly effective at cold-shouldering. Icing someone out. Making the room so frosty that you force the others into turning up the thermostat while you relax in the corner in your insulated suit. Being ignored is the worst. Indifference hurts. Observing the good humor and kindness and affection with which you still treat others, and used to extend toward me but have recently withdrawn, was just too much to tolerate. I refuse to play your hurtful passive-aggressive little game. So I did the dirty work for you. Thanks for sparing me the let's be friends speech. Because as you have demonstrated, you don't have the slightest clue as to how to be one.

No comments: