Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Confection Revelation


Open your mind and let go of any preconceived notions you might harbor concerning the mixing of adult beverages with leftover Halloween candy. Last night at trivia Brandi plopped a bag of treats in the middle of the table. After rummaging through the assortment my hand closed in on a treat-sized package of Whoppers. As I held the pleasantly crinkly package containing three malted milk balls I wasn't thinking so much of eating them as I was curious as to whether they might float. Since there was a pint of Sam Adam's Oktoberfest right in front of me, and yes, it was my drink not someone else's, puh-lease give me just a tiny bit of credit, it seemed reasonable to give it a try. Not only did they float, but after coming in contact with the cold beer they became even crunchier! And I must say that the chocolate and malt candy nicely complimented the Oktoberfest style beer. A whole new way of playing with your food. Try this at home! Fun activities that are also delicious are hard to beat.

No comments: