Monday, February 4, 2013

Raven-ous


When Lil Sis Martine sent me these cups for Christmas, I couldn't figure out why. I mean, I don't give a flying fig about football. She said it was because of my fondness for pink and my love for black birds. Like crows. Or ravens. Until last night, I hadn't watched the Super Bowl for over twenty years. It doesn't count when you only tune in to the half time show. I have done that numerous times. But as far as actually watching the game action goes, nope. Around 7pm I plopped down on the couch with a Landshark, a plate of black bean avocado nachos, a blanky, my Chromebook, and a cat. And actually watched the game. The Baltimore Ravens won. So now I'm developing a system by which future Super Bowl winners could, just maybe, be predicted. It works like this. My sister, for whatever oddball (and a football is an odd ball, if you ask me) reason she may choose, sends me a pro football team logo emblazoned item for Christmas. This team shall win the Super Bowl. It's just that simple. 

No comments: