Sunday, November 25, 2012

Noted

It's not Cyber Monday yet, but Cyber Sunday works just fine for me. I was just perusing the Barnes & Noble website. Looking at books, music, movies. Three of my favorite things. The first time I clicked on the Holiday Music link, I not only got over three hundred pages of assorted Christmas music cd's, but included in the sort was pretty much every album Billie Holiday had anything to do with. Essentially her entire discography. Holiday Music. Sure. I mistakenly closed that tab while checking something else and had to open it up again. And this is where it gets weird. This time when I click on the Holiday Music link, Lady Day has disappeared and in her place are various holiday cards and wrapping paper. Hmm. No weirder I suppose than the fact that Lynyrd Skynyrd has a Christmas album. Bugs Bunny and Friends have one, too. Some artists have two or three or a whole series of holiday music collections. At this rate, I expect someone who lives on my block has recorded a Christmas album. It's possible, I only had the patience for the first thirty-six pages.

No comments: