Monday, November 5, 2012

Lefty Loosy, Righty Tighty


Look, Mom! Shouted an excited kindergarten age Michael as he climbed into the van. When you hold your hands up like this, the capital L is your left hand!  Isn't that amazing? Yes, it is. Especially for those of us who are afflicted with right/left confusion. Speaking as the only person in her eighth grade earth science class who raised her hand to incorrectly identify a slip strike fault as being right when it was actually left, or left when it was actually right, I don't remember when I wasn't so afflicted. But for a number of years now I have possessed this secret weapon. If you should ever observe me doing this out in public, now you know the rest of the story. But maybe you shouldn't ask me for directions to the bathroom.

No comments: